Chaperone Responsibilities Overview (required for overnight tournaments, not local tournaments)
Chaperones are generally responsible for making sure players are where they should be at any given time. For example: any team outings, meetings, meals, to/from the tournament facility, and in their rooms when required at night. Some chaperones (or parents) like to plan a fun outing, coordinate team meals and meet the players as they arrive to hand out room keys at check in. Please work with your coaches directly for any help they may need or to facilitate any team gatherings/outings. Chaperones must be available to assist players as needed throughout the travel tournament. Please don't hesitate to ask other parents for help.
All chaperones and parents who help at score tables must be SafeSport certified.
Cascade will reimburse 1 chaperone and a maximum of 2 other parents per team for their USAV membership.
Teams must have a certified chaperone (USAV and SafeSport Complete) by Jan 15th or teams will not be able to travel
FIRST STEP -SAFESPORT INSTRUCTIONS:
Safesport can take an hour and a half to two hours; to register:
- Register for USAV: Go to http://www.psrvb.org/membership and chose Chaperone Membership for $42.
- Go to https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/
- Log in to your USAV account
- In the navigation menu, click on USAV Clinics and select USAV Coaching Clinics
- Select "Core Center for SafeSport Training"Complete registration
- To access coursework, click on the "Log into USAV Academy" button
Once complete, please forward the certificate to email@example.com with a CLEAR subject line.
NEXT STEPS - CASCADE REQUIRED PAPERWORK: (to be filled out by chaperone and returned to Cascade)
- Chaperone Responsibilities form
- Volunteer Consent form
- Volunteer Waiver form
FINAL STEPS - PARENT/PLAYER FORMS: (to be handed out, collected, and kept by chaperone)
- MAAPP form
- Travel Code of Conduct form